From:
Phyllis DeGioia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 08:54:46 -0500
Hi everyone -

I'm a writer who is compiling a book of pet anecdotes that are either
amusing or what I call emotionally poignant ("awwww" kinds of stories).
Rather than having the whole book be about one species, such as "Woman's
Best Friend", which is all dog stories, I'd like this book to include as
many species as possible.  I know that ferrets have wonderful personalities
and I am certain that ferret owners have many wonderful stories about their
pets.

The stories are about a paragraph long, sometimes two or three, but the
vast majority are quite short.  Sending the story to me grants permission
for me to edit it to fit the tone and style of the rest of the book, and
grantscopyright for the particular version that runs.  I will revise as
needed and send to you to review.  At thispoint I do not have a publisher
and cannot guarantee that the book will be published.  But I am very
hopeful as I feel it's a commercially viable project.  The illustrator has
done some very whimsical illustrations and I know she'd love to draw a few
ferrets.

If you would like to have your story considered, please send it to me
privately at [log in to unmask] as I will be signing off the list.
I'm *really* looking forward to hearing some great ferret stories!

Thanks so much
Phyllis DeGioia
Madison, WI