From:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 08:37:55 -0700
African Grey's are highly intelligence flock birds - as such they need A
LOT of human interaction as in a lot of time out of the cage hanging
around with you.  Helping you eat breakfast, watching TV on your shoulder
whatever.  You are their flock.

I have a friend who's ferret killed their Sun Conure.  I have a ferret
would would make herself sick trying to get to a bird to kill.  My other
one would probably be ok unless it were wandering around then he might
kill it.

That said I think I have seen a picture of a ferret and a Cockatoo in
Modern Ferret - however I think that might be the exception not the rule.

Here's the deal - you get the parrot and the ferrets are not trustworthy.
Or say one ferret isn't trustworthy.  You then have to lock up the ferrets
while the parrot is out and vice versa.  they both require a lot of time -
you are now stuck giving both seperate time every day.  eventually your
life will change and one or both will end up not getting enough time and
then you'll feel you should give them away which really isn't fair.

Just a common scenario as any shelter person will tell you.  Think about
it.  I'd say wait till your ferrets pass - you can always get a parrot in
6-8 years.

Mary
"Animals are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other
 nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time,"
 Henry Beston