From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 1995 07:24:53 -0500
To Ian Lynn on the subject of raisins:

        Ian - we too have a ferret that will gorge on raisins.  But six
is a bit much for any ferret.  Raisins are not easy for a ferret to digest 0
 they are all fiber.  Everything in moderation - one a day is plenty.  If your
ferret has a habit of swallowing them without chewing - do what we do for
Yogi- cut them into small pieces.  Then one raisin can last a whole lot
longer.

        Concerning the proper dose of Laxa-Stat:  Your instincts were right
here.  I always start with some of these preparations when I'm thinking
impaction.  One inch twice daily is a good dose.  These products, being
flavored petrolatum, are non-toxic, but too much will cause diarrhea.

Bruce Williams  currently at [log in to unmask] (until I see that
email.afip.osd.mil has earned my trust again)