From:
D K SADOWSKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 01:34:51 -0400
This is kind of geared in respect to Danee's post about Raw & Natural
Prey.

Danee & anyone else, the question put forth about how long do ferrets
live on the Raw/Natural Prey diet is a legitimate question which no one
has answered.

Danee, in your post you mentioned that when you were a kid your family
had fed table scraps & meat scraps to your pets.  You also mentioned your
neighbor who raised mink & ferrets a natural diet of meat.  Do you think
you could ask your neighbor how long his breeder mink & ferrets lived?
Or maybe ask your mom if she remembers how long your pets lived eating
this way?

I'm not trying to be smart, I really would like to know.

Danee, I have the utmost respect for you and even though you may not
remember me from the ferret shows, I admire you for sticking to your
guns when it comes to your furkids.  So since you are the only one that
recalls feeding your pets this kind of diet as a young child, you may
be able to answered the question.

I do know that animals fed high quality kibble live longer than our pets
from our childhoods.  My oldest cat was 20 years and the next oldest was
19 years, both fed high quality cat food.  I have a Husky/Samoiad cross
KAOS, that is almost 14 years.  I have talked to Husky & Samoiad breeders
about the life span of these breeds and was told that every day past 8yrs
is a blessing.  KAOS is fed high quality dog food.

This is why the questions have been ask how long do ferrets/animals live
on the raw/natural prey diets compaired to ones that are fed high quality
kibble.

Thanks, Debi