From:
Dee McNally <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 08:00:18 -0600
Hi all,

Well, as you know, I have been looking for another little fuzzy for
Alexander.  I went by the pet store Friday just to snoop around, and I was
told that they had 12 new fuzzies!!!!!!!

Well, there wasn't anything I could do at that point, cuz my hubbie was out
of town, but I was bouncing for joy all day.  When Pat got home, I told him
what I had found out.  We discussed getting another fert (he was starting to
back out on me!@?*&!) We discussed all the way until 1 pm the next day,
until I finally cornered him and asked the ultimate question, "Do you want
to get another ferret????" Then he stated what concerned him.  Would they
get along?  I told him they might and they might not.  But I suspected that
eventually things would work out.  (That and he has been cleaning Alex's
cage all along, with I must admit, little help from me.  Course now, I bathe
him!!!  I told him I was more than willing to help with the cleaning, I just
couldn't pick up the cage and take it outside!)

So, off we went to the pet store.  Pat got to pick her out and name her.
She is a beautiful albino ferret and we have named her Roxana (after
Alexander the Great's wife).  We go this afternoon to pick her up along with
her cage.  I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!!  I've told
Alexander that he will have a buddy soon, but I don't think he believes me
anymore.  (I've been telling him this for months now.) I'll keep you updated
on what happens.

Also, I will be switching food.  Roxana is on a ferret food that I can't
remember the name of (not Totally Ferret) mixed with Alpo Dog food to make
it moist.  We have bought these for her, in order to keep her diet good.
Though Alexander is still on Happy Cat, we will be changing him over as
well.  We are discussing Totally Ferret, but at $50 for a 20 lb.  bag PLUS
the only place we now to order it from is in the shelter in Champaign, we
want to make sure we get something that they will like, and be easily
replaced when we run out.  So we may just switch to Iams Kitten Food.  (And
to the person who sent me a post about reading the labels, it is kinda hard
when you are not exactly sure what you are looking for!  Now I know!!)

SEE YA!!!!!!!!!