From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 06:59:58 -0400
>From:    Dean <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: [ferretaid] Senior Ferret's Skin Tumours
>shots.  The first one went fine, but the booster created a reaction so
>strong the poor thing was dying from it.  The vet cut his suffering short
>(needless to say this was very painfull) and said this was probably due
>to the mast cell tumor he had on his neck.

I'd really like to know how a mast cell tumor can cause a severe reaction
to the distemper vaccine?  I know all about Fervac reactions, but don't get
the connection to a mast cell tumor.  Sounds pretty unlikely to me, but I
make no claims to having any medical expertise.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC