From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 May 2002 20:18:48 EDT
Dear FMLers.

Hello from the wild west.  We have almost hurricane strength winds here
today with at least one major power outtage...Oh well... Life in the Wild
West I reckon.

Anyway a special thanks to Melody Tomaszewicz for her parody song to
"Hero" by Enrique Iglesias.  I am 54 ok , but I have a 20 YO son who is
in the music scene as he is a drummer, and he had the CD "Escape" by
E. I.  So after listening to the CD several times I decide yes I like
it...LOL.  Anyhoo along comes Miss Melody with the lyrics to Let Me Be
Your Weasel... and I have been singing it to the song on the CD!!!  Yes
ferret folks are nutters for sure...LOL..

I have a hard time reading the FML lately cause of all the lil ones out
ther that seem to be dying way before their time.  My heart is out to all
of you who have had to face this most distressfull of times.  Our prayers
are with all of you.  I am glad that we have the FML and a special thanks
to BIG for all the hard work and lost sleep he goes thru... Thanks BIG!!!
[Thanks... it's nothi...<snore>..ng!  BIG]

We lost out grand old man Rascal this last week.  Rascal was 11 YO!!!  Yes
he had a long life and the last three years with us.  He had that lil' hop
in his step right up to the end too.  He had some very large masses in his
abdomen that you could almost see, I knew his time was short, but even
then you aren't really prepared when it does come now are you?

I have two more lil' girsl that are old as well.  One is 10 and the other
is 11.  I am feeding tham fret soup twice a day and they are still eating
the kibbles so they are eating very well but at that age... But they will
live as ferret while they are here.  I have learned alot living with these
long tailed hidey hole thieves.  They NEVER give up and Never give in.
They live more in their given years than alot of people I knnow.  I have
learned to live as they do...on the bounce and by the numbers.  (thanks to
R. Heinlien)

Mr. BoJangles is turning into a monster ferret!!!  He thinks he owns the
bedroom!  He gets up on our bed and "camps out" there all the time.  He
thinks that the bed is HIS Throne...LOL... So he can hold court on the
rest of the "low life ferrets and folks".  LOL..hey he is just too cute
for our/his own good!!!  He loves to go after Moma's toes but only licks
them...still not Moma's favorite thing...lol.  He loves to have Popa hold
him while he eats his fret soup.  He is still under weight but doing much
better than a couple of months ago.

Has anyone notices that a held ferret will eat more than a ferret just
placed on the floor in front of a bowl?  All my frets who eat soup will
eat more IF Popa holds the ferret and the bowl....LOL..  True story
folks so help me...LOL.

Peace be to all.
After All It Is For The Ferrets!!!
Fred Hurd