From:
AlphaChi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 18:59:31 -0500
>Wondering if anyone has a woozle with occasional bad dreams.  I was reading
>the FML late at night - the "psychology" posts - when I heard a loud whimper
>from the kitchen.

Dan, animals certainly do dream.  They have nightmares and nocturnal
emissions also.  What their dream consists of is another matter.  Perhaps
they dream of chasing rabbits[some Jung collective unconcious thing?], or
maybe finding a hoard of raisins[Freud's wish fulfilment?], perhaps being
stepped on by strange giant two-legged creatures who speak in
tongues[Vygotski's social plight?], or just experiencing a bit of underdone
potato{e}[Ebineezer's Syndrome?].  One can only imagine what a small but
playful mind can visualize.  Somtimes things get literally out of sync, and
a usually paralyzed body starts twitching and moving about mimicking the
dream we are experiencing.  My ferts ocassionally experience these, so I do
as you, and pick them up and comfort them.  Perhaps I am imagining things,
but I swear sometimes I detect an appreciative and sleepy glance.  Unless it
happens very often, or if breathing difficulties are apparent, I suppose
it's perfectly normal.  [Don't rush to you neighborhood woozleanalyst].  In
extreme conditions it may indicate a psychological or physiological disorder
but I am completely unaware of what those would be [I goofed-off that
class].  best wishes,

until next time,
alphachi