From:
Hawkins Melanie S CHPPM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 13:54:30 -0400
I rescued my big guy, Norman, from a shelter in Hagerstown, MD about 4
years ago.  He had just been neutered and boy did he stink!  For some
reason out of about 20 or so other ferrets, the big stinky guy is the one
that I wanted to adopt.  He was so funny, full of life, and just wanted to
jump at me and play with me.  Anyway, I wanted to take him home that day
but was told that he needed to stay another week at the shelter until he
healed from his surgery.  I picked him up a week later, and he still stunk
like crazy because they couldn't bathe him since he had stitches still.  So
the stinky guy and I road home to my apartment at grad.  school, and we
played and played.  My other male ferret attacked him, because he still
smelled like a whole male, but that stopped after I gave Norm a bath a
week later.  Now, he likes to rub his "belly" on shoes, vent covers,......
whatever really.  Personally I think that it's funny.  I suppose that it
wouldn't be so funny if he slimed things, but he doesn't so it's amuzing
to me.

Dooks to all,

Melanie and the gang (Gizzy, Normie, and Moser)