From:
monica smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:30:08 -0700
Hello fellow fuzzie peoples-

Many people have been wanting to know how my trip went from North Carolina
to San Diego, so here goes:

I had seven fuzzies (all rescues), two were about six and had special
needs, and the other are all four.  Well the day of the move, I lost
Snickers to Insolomia, she was one of the six year olds.  Then during the
trip, the other six year old(prolapse rectum and adrenal) went into a
comostose state and would not snap out of it.  Then 3 of the other 5
started showing symptoms of ECE.  So the day after I got out here to San
Diego, I rushed everyone to a vet.

During the trip I was sub-ing fluids with a IV, I was eyedrop feeding and
watering every hour to two, when I was not driving.  A friend and I drove
straight through, about a 50 hour drive.

Well, I ended up doing the humane thing to do and I had put to sleep my
little comotose girl.  Two went home that day perfectly healthy, and three
stayed for some tests and more fluids.  Two of those went home with me last
night.  I have one little boy still there that had the worst symptoms of
the ECE, out of all of them.  I should be able to pick him up today.  I am
really worried about him though, because he has stopped using his hind legs
and has been pulling himself around.  The vet says its becuase he is weak
and sore from the ECE.

Has anyone out there had this happen to any of there fuzzies (the loss of
walking in the back legs?)

Also, the check point was not very hard to get by.  All the wanted to see
was inside the uhaul, and asked if i had any animals and i showed him my
two cats.  So that went pretty good.

Well, if anyone could give me some advice for Klondike and his loss of
strength in his back legs, and if he will come out of it, I would be very
happy to hear.

Thanx-
Monica and the 5 wonder-fuzzies