From:
Carrie Duc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 01:04:37 -0400
Hi again!  This is Carrie in Quebec and I've 6 Canadian Hagen Ferrets.  Got
to tell you that reading the latest Canadian Ferret posts to the FML it
felt quite eerie.  Yes, they (mine) were horrid nippers when young, some
more than others.  Most usual methods didn't really work and only time
seemed to help any.  As they age, they calm down.

We've just acquired the last two and one a 5 month old is a non-stop energy
ball that looks kind of like a Yo-Yo on Speed when she out of her cage.
But, again, this was similar for all of our ferts.  It could be possible
that Canadian ferrets are more aggresive because of our colder climate.
Perhaps genetically they've become this way due to having to deal with
harsher climes?  Who knows! :-)  They are mostly supplied by one breeder
if you buy from a Pet Shop and that's Hagen.  I'd be interested in
comparing notes with anyone else who has Canadian ferts and/or Hagen
ferts.  Please contact me offlist at [log in to unmask]