From:
Judith Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 08:55:46 -0400
I'm a new subscriber to the list.  There aren't too many people in Toronto
who own ferrets, so it's nice to be able to talk (so to speak) to people who
do.

A couple of questions:

1) Chloe T., my almost seven year old ferret, has been dumped several times.
She came to me a year and a half ago from yet another person who couldn't
keep her.  Now, whenever I have to go away she suffers from what I would
call separation anxiety.  The first couple of days she's alright and then
all h--- breaks loose.  She spends all her time making life miserable for my
fiancee, who she stays with.  She bites, hisses, uses the carpet instead of
the litter box etc. etc..  John is really good with her, loves her dearly
and would never hurt her, so he's not doing anything to prompt this.

Has anyone got any advice on how to deal with this?  Please reply to the
list or to me directly at [log in to unmask]

2) I'm trying to get a hold of any material on the care of the geriatric
ferret.  If anyone has any suggestions, advice, pearls of wisdom etc.,
please contact me by either of the methods above.

My e.mail system is a little wingy right now, so please be patient.

Cheers,
Judith Emery
Toronto