From:
Rachel Feibelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 07:10:06 -0500
I have a year old male ferret (neutered) who has caught a cold from my
boyfriend.  He had a cold in December and my vet gave him antibiotics
(amoxicillin I think).  My question is: should we take him to the vet and
get antibiotics again or just wait out the cold?  I know that antibiotics
don't help with human colds but do ferrets need the antibiotics to get
better?  Or are they just used to prevent any secondary infections?  Anyway,
are there any cold medicines out there that we could give him to help
relieve symptoms?  I would appreciate any information and it can be e-mailed
straight to me so as not to clutter up the mailing list.  Also, being a
college student, I don't always have time to read the whole list.  Thanks.

My e-mail address is [log in to unmask]
Rachel Feibelman
Virginia Tech