From:
Cheryl Cato <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 09:39:05 -0600
To :    novice <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: ear cleaning tips

I use a product called "Oto-Cleans" that can usually be obtained from a
vet, or ordered from a pet supply company.  (Most of them carry it.) It's
specifically formulated for cleaning ears.  I just put a few drops in each
ear, rub a bit - and let them shake.  I quit using q-tips when my vet
suggested that the action of pushing the q-tip down in their ears could
actually force the wax and buildup further down the ear canal - not to
mention the potential for accidents.  (She had a couple of horror stories
that I won't relate here.  <shudder>) The Oto-Cleans works very well for
my kids.