Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 17:34:35 MST
I find this type of thing upsetting.  Unfortunately, we live in a society
where some people treat pets as things, commodities.  "If it's broken get
rid of it."  My sister's the same way.  Her cat was sick and she took her
to the vet.  The vet had kittens there which he only gives to good homes.
She saw a pretty little black one there.  She said to my mom, "I want
that one.  Can I get that one?"  My mom said "No.  We have to get Pogo
well again."  Same thing with her bird.  She let her bird sit by an open
window and it was killed by the draft.  Instead of being sad(she should
have been more responsible), she wanted another one.  My sister is 20 and
I have seen 4 yr olds with more reverence for life than her.  It saddens
me that people don't think of pets as having feelings and that they are
the same as us.  Some people just don't see them as more than a thing you
can buy and get rid of or replace.  It makes me cry sometimes to think
these types of people are considered human beings.  To me they are less
than that.

Angie