Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:28:28 -0700
Karen McCabe wrote:

>That surgery killed her.  Again, perhaps Josie's vet new better.  Not
>all ferrets make good surgical candidates...

Karen,
While I agree that *not all ferrets make good surgical candidates*, there
are times when we must make a tough call.  I have three *rescue* ferrets.
All were surrendered or brought out of Animal Control services.  All had
neglected adrenal tumors.  One was a *good* surgical candidate, two were
*only hope* surgical candidates.  All three ferrets are running around
the house as I type.  Even the two not expected to survive.  I also
have five ferrets buried in my yard.  They all fit into the above two
categories.  For whatever reason, they did not survive the surgery,
recovery or other emergency treatment.  Something went wrong.  Will I
say *the surgery killed them*?  I know my vet did not go in wanting
them to die.  He did the best he could with his knowledge and skills.
Sometimes things just go terribly wrong.

Ardith