From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1992 00:23:05 -0400
On June 10th, the file server at CUNYVM sent out its 1000th back issue of
the Ferret Mailing List to some lucky individual requesting issue 013.

I'm wondering if there is any interest is putting other ferret related
files on the server? ... perhaps the FAQ file that Chris was working on,
or a list of ferret sources?  It's pretty trivial to do on my end... if
people have stuff to contribute, please let me know.  Can even set it up
so that individual contributors can be in charge of updating specific
files whenever necessary.  Of course, credit will be given to the source.

[I've included a partial FAQ for your amusement at the end of this article.
It's mostly administrative stuff.  It should be updated with the mail
server info, plus ferret care.  Bill?  Could you send me a short blurb
on the mail server, and someone can take on the job of ferret care.]

Those unfamiliar with the back issue file server can send mail to
[log in to unmask] (or [log in to unmask]) with the single line:
INDEX FERRET
for further info.  (What is returned these days is probably in a slightly more
readable form than the earlier version, but text is the same.)

Thanks.

Bill