Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2007 12:07:02 -0500
I guess I am a little emotional this time of year. I am going in for
major surgery on Tuesday and if the time of year didn't make me realize
the importance of things my upcoming surgery has. I won't be able to
use the computer until I start healing in 6-8 weeks per the doctors.
No computer or FML for 6-8 weeks what will a girl do!? So I know it's
early but I want to say Thank you and tell you about some of my
blessing that started about 8 years ago.

First there was Whiskey- she was a gentle soul, a matriarch of 4 other
ferrets. We lost her to Adrenal. She was so cute, we would put her in
a tube sock and cuddle and eat baby food.

Then Gin-gin, a very large male who could war dance like no one else!
He was lost to a blockage, we where so naive back then. His loss hit
me harder than any.

3rd then Kahlua, with mitts that where bigger than anything. He loved
the tubby and a nibble or two on Daddies toes. Liability was admitted
that Tufts animal hospital was negligence in his death. There was no
reason for him to die so young. (Yes there is a theme with the names
and concidiently we don't drink)

Then was Schnapps, very royal and regal. A small boy with lots of
character. 5th was my Martini girl, very feisty. She was also lost
to Adrenal. She went down fighting.

Then came our rescues and you have to come home with me...

Momo-what a beautiful boy that had sooooooo much energy. He
unfortunately snapped his neck in a what was our ladder back kitchen
chairs and died instantly.

Rosie- as delicate as a rose and just a beautiful with that pink nose.
Insolinomia was not kind to her.

Oprah who is still alive and bald as a baby's .....

Fosta- my big feisty I will chase and play tug of war with the dog
male. He has recently taken a liking to whatever bed the dog is in.

So I have shared with you all the joys of being a ferret Mom. As hard
as it was to loose each one it would have been more devastating never
to have them in my life. There is nothing like the love of a ferret.

I now know what I want for Christmas! You guessed it another ferret.
Unfortunately I think it is only fair to wait until I finish Chemo.
It would be a little to much stress on everyone in the family to do
the introductions.

Why this email. I could not have raised my babies, gotten through
crisis's, ect.. without the help of the shelter Moms, and all the love
and support the FML Mommie & Daddies provide. Let's not forget Big.
Thank you, thank you so much. Give your babies extra kisses tonight .
And I will say an extra blessing for you.

Please enjoy your holidays even more this year. I am. Happy Holidays
to everyone and a Happy New Year!