From:
Rhoni Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 15:51:54 -0800
This afternoon my eldest ferret, Surabi, crossed to the Rainbow bridge.
I know she never met my dogs, as they all passed before she came to live
here, but I imagine Daisy, my little poodle mix, greeting her.  She and
Surabi had so much in common.

Both were rescued from an abusive environment to be loved and pampered by
me.  Both lived to an very old age where joint ache and constant tiredness
drug them under.  Both slowly went blind.

Both are terribly missed.  Daisy passed two months before Surabi came into
my life, and I always thought they had so much in common, right down to a
hidden miscievious streak.  I want to imagine them waiting for me together.
I know Daisy had my previous dogs, Tramp and Corgi, to greet her.  I'd hate
to think Surabi had no one.

Sandee, could you see anything?

I was heartbroken.  Last night she was in a bad way.  I just held and
cuddled my little girl, cooing to her and trying to get her to at least
drink something.  She lay so still and quiet in my arms.  I had the
terrible feeling it was goodbye.

This morning I checkd on her.  She was asleep, but still breathing, curled
up with my other two girls.  This afternoon I opened the cage to let them
spend the rest of the day romping around and she was gone.  She hadn't
moved and still lay with Nala and Ling-Ling.

Nala and Ling' keep looking around, as if wondering where their 'sister'
is.  Even my cat, Starbuck, seems to know she's missing.  This hurts, as
well.  I cried so hard.  I used a pick-axe to chop through the frozen
ground not far from poor Daisy's burial site.  She was put to rest in a
box and wrapped in her blanket.

My heart goes out to all of you who have also lost furkids.  It never gets
easier, does it?

Rhoni with the help of Nala, Ling-Ling and Sterbuck the ferretcat.
in memory of ~Surabi~