From:
ShariDiane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 11:32:53 EST
csc-scc <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>...if it is on the right, and he just sews her back up, what kind of life
>expectancy do they have with the tumor...

The right adrenal gland tumor CAN be removed.  If your vet cannot remove
it, find another vet!  Your vet can contact my vet who has successfully
completed this type of surgery (plus a bi-lateral) with over 8 ferrets,
all still stealing socks.  (Dr. Dan Hudson @ Northwoods AH 919/481-2987).
++++++++

Travis A Holt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>...I noticed him making a gagging noise as if he had something in his
>throat...

As spring arrives, are fuzzbutts are prime candidates for blockages due to
hairballs.  Unlike cats, ferrets cannot cough up a hairball - hair
accumulates in the stomach.  Start feeding your ferret a hairball remedy at
least every day during the spring and fall (1 inch ribbon).  Products that
can be used are Laxatone or Petromalt, found in the cat laxative section of
your local pet store.
++++++++

MotoBabe50 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>incessant click-click-click of her water bottle...

Get Topaz a water BOWL.  Our local pet stores have a plastic bowl that
screws onto the side of the cage, making height adjustment easier for
Chipper who likes her water "stirred not shaken."

Shari Gunter
Newsletter Editor
Triangle Ferret Lovers club, North Carolina
http://www.trifl.org