Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 11 May 1994 08:27:32 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Date:   Tue, 10 May 1994 13:39:48 -0400
> Subject: Escher's pathology report
> Submitted-Date: Tue May 10 14:27:41 EDT 1994
>
> To Mrs. Kain, concerning Escher
>
>         Today I received Escher's pathology report from Dr. Joel Schiff, Wise
> Owl Veterinary Care.  Everything appears to be in order here.  The two
> hyperplastic lymph nodes are most likely abdominal, and in my experience, are
> most suggestive of gastric Helicobacter infection, which is commonly seen in
> older ferrets.  The adrenal tissue, coded as "cystic hyperplastic or
> cystadenomatous adrenal gland", to me, suggests adrenal cyst formation,
>which is most commonly seen in the right adrenal.  Was it the right adrenal

very honestly, i can't remember which it was.  it was a tumor that was
removed, not the whole gland.

> removed???
>
>Although I did not see the slides myself, the pathologist seems to have a
>fair grasp of the situation.  I don't see anything on this report that would
>indicate anything other than a good prognosis.

yup, she has stopped eating like a cow and started eating like the other
ferrets and  her fur has grown back in beautifully, and she's very lively.
luckily for her, this went very well.

thanks

becki
larry and the even wilder eleven.