From:
Clare Sebok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1993 18:57:23 -0400
Katie:
Thank you for your informative letter about lymphosarcoma. I am glad that
Bandit responded so well to treatment.  I hope she continues to stay
healthy.

Ben is rather thin, although she usually goes through a thin stage in
the spring.  Her activity level is good.  The doctor said her spleen
felt OK.  So I think that if she does have cancer, we've caught it
early. We will be taking her back for her follow-up appointment in
about 2 weeks.

I have a few more questions.  I assume that a biopsy involves general
anesthesia.  How risky is this for ferrets?  I know that chemotherapy
can be a horrible ordeal for humans.  How bad are the side effects
for ferrets?  How often does a ferret have to visit the vet during
treatment?
Thanks again.--Clare