From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:56:08 -0500
I want to thank Suzanne for tracking down an address for Mr. Serrano.
Looks like he is still in ICU.  With all the bickering we sometimes
see on the FML, it's nice to see something positive and caring.  Mr.
Serrano's story really touched my heart and troubled me from the time I
first heard it.  While we see a lot of sad stories on the FML, this one
just seemed to stick with me until I felt moved to do something, and I'm
glad to see that others feel the same.

I ran out on my lunch break today and picked up a card.  I mailed it out
along with a note, a photo of one of my ferrets, and a small check to
help with his hospital expenses.  If he's still in ICU, this poor man's
medical bills are going to be astronomical!  I would encourage others to
do likewise.  I'm not saying ignore the shelters and others who may need
help, but anything someone feels able and moved to give would probably
help.  If he gets lots of cards and some financial assistance, it could
even draw the attention of the press again, which might even inspire more
people to try to help.  We may have started something great here!
Wouldn't that be wonderful?  If nothing else, I am sure it will give him
encouragement to know so many are thinking about him right now.  I think
it would mean a lot to him to know so many people care.  Send a card if
you can't afford a donation.

The Internet is used for many things, but it can be a powerful uniting
device to bring people together for a cause.  Let's show him how much
the ferret community cares, and remember him in your prayers.

Holly,
Icarus & Cato