From:
Gail O'Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 12:31:04 -0400
Hi fuzzy friends -

I have discovered an interesting use for ferret poop, which of course we all
have in great supply.  I have been having problems with squirrels raiding my
bird feeder and digging in my potted plants (actually, they are my precious
little bonsai trees and I hate it when squirrels dig at them) - well, I have
been depositing the droppings from the fuzzies' litter pan at the base of
the bird feeder, and adding a (very) small dropping to the potted plants
too.  This is working great so far to keep the squirrels away from the bird
feeder and luckily doesn't discourage the birds at all.  The bonsai are
getting greener by the day from the fuzzy fertilizer, and are squirrel-free!

Gail