From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 19:18:39 -0400
I will have to agree with your boyfriend, and X on this one.  Holding your
eye closed is a sign of pain, or at least discomfort.  I'm sure we can all
remember at least one time where we got sand or dirt in our eye and even
though we wanted to open it, we just couldn't....

Blind ferrets are even more prone to eye injuries because they can't see
where they are going.  Yes, definitely a reason to go to the vet, and I
am hoping it is just a foreign body like an eyelash, etc.

Let's schedule an appointment tomorrow if possible - if it is a foreign
body, the longer it stays in there, the more damage it will do.

With kindest regards,
Bruce H. Williams, DVM, DACVP

Join the Ferret Health List at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ferret-Health-list