From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 21:09:58 -0800
SOS had a majority of members attending Ferrets 2002 in Las Vegas.  And
the majority grew even larger, because we welcomed Judy Cooke into our
midst during the event.  Gave her the little SOS life-ring pin and
everything!

It was such a great ferret event, it was fun from the moment I got on
the plane (after having both my suitcase and huge box searched, cut open,
rummaged through, poked and prodded at while some guy who couldn't
remember who was who hung onto our tickets) until I got back to the
airport to go home and had to sit on the floor for an hour waiting for
my airline to open!

One of the most wonderful things to happen was that SOS had been contacted
by a terrific artist, who offered to donate a painting to SOS as a fund
raiser.  Selena Siu brought her painting, a woodsy setting of a ferret
resting under a large mushroom for us to auction.  Everyone was estatic
over the wonderful talent Selena posesses, and we were thrilled to be
able to show her work. The lucky high bidder was FerretWare's Hildy
Langewis.

We also had Doodlebug's little signature to use as a fundraiser for SOS.
Our very own little television star!  Doodlebug (for those of you who
may have just returned from your vacation on Pluto) appeared in a South
West Airlines commercial recently.  He learned all his lines, hit his
mark everytime, and REALLY, I'm just SURE, was the best animal performer
in the commercial.

I only hope that everyone had as great a time as I did at Symposium.  It
was wonderful seeing again the people I've met at shows, and equally
wonderful meeting new people.  I have a lot of pictures!

A big THANK YOU to everyone who worked so hard to make it a success!

Hugs to all,

Georgia, the left coast one...

PS:  And a special thank you to whoever it was who put that on my name
badge!