Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:50:33 -0800
Hi, All.

I met a little girl named Abby.  Her head was sort of spinning for a
little while, her final illness was so short, so unexpected.  Well,
that's why we have Spirit Guides here to greet our new friends who have
just crossed the Bridge.

I brought her over to one of the Recovery hammies and climbed in with
her.  We lay curled up for a long time in the softness, and I explained
what had happened.  She began to relax.  Many curious ferrts came to see
the new arrival, and sniff her over the edge of the hammie.  They were
very gentle and respectful, all here understand that sometimes a new
arrival needs some time in a Recovery hammie.

It wasn't long at all before a business 'adopted' her, you know, took her
around, introduced her.  Showed her some of the sights and attractions.
I heard that she actually waded into the Ferretone Fountain, it took her
new business forever to groom her, but nobody minded.

Tomorrow they are all going to the Mountain of Toys to help her find a
replacement for her beloved red stuffed fish.  The Big Boss could of
course just replace it for her, but she wants a new toy to go with her
new life.  Seems to me that she's doing just fine!

A worried Mommy asked me to check on her baby, Little "E".  "E" was
hardly more than a baby herself when she crossed the Bridge, but she
is thriving!

"E" and I had a nice talk while we dug into the Bottomless Pit of Socks.
We played tug-of-war with a rainbow toe-sock for a while.  She spends a
lot of her days here at the Pit, looking for somebody who wants a to play
some serious tug-of-war.  She doesn't usually have to wait too long,
either.  This is a very popular place.  "E" still misses her Mommy and
Daddy, but she says it's a nice kind of sad, she has so many good
memories of them.  She says that yes, her time in the World of the Living
was short, but she isn't resentful.  She can be a Kit forever, here!

Well, lots to do.

Sande