From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 22:38:15 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=446

Author wrote:
>I've seen mentioned on here of feeding ferrets certain Gerber baby foods.
>I was wondering which ones would be the best to feed to them. Also, how
>many times a day and how much should I feed them this? I have 3 ferrets
>which we leave 2 bowls of dry food in their cage at all times.

Chicken or turkey baby food is very good for ill or geriatric animals
that are off their regular diet, but really, the dry kibble that you are
feeding now is a far better option for healthy animals.  If your young
guys are happy with what they are eating, and there is no pressing health
reason for supplemental nutrition, I would not recommend making any
changes.  There will very likely come a day in all of their lives when
baby food will be appropriate, but not now.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM (baby food advocate)