From:
Jerry Jackowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 20:29:49 -0400
Hello FMLers,

Just a quick note on the GCFA ferret show.  This is one of our favorite
shows and as usual we had a great time.  After sitting in the driver's seat
of show organization, I have an entirely new appreciation for what it takes
to get through a show.  Debbie and all those involved did a great job!  No
matter what trivial problems arise at a show, it is always the ability to
see and socialize with friends that make them worth while  (Of course
winning a ribbon or two helps).

I have only two constructive comments for the show.  First, when having a
show in a place were acoustics are so bad it might be advantageous to have
some sort of visual aid (overhead projection, marker board etc.) that helps
clarify what is being announced.  Second trying to find a location where
they are not under such strict time constraints.  Unfortunately they had to
be out at a very specific time and their judges were forced to finish their
duties outside.  Also unfortunately it takes away from the recognition
process that the winners deserve.  Most of their peers where forced to pack
up and get out before any of the final awards were presented.  I'm quite
sure the GCFA organizers recognize this and are probably seriously limited
to possible show locations, a situation that I can personally relate to.

Anyway! We had a great time and look forward to next year's event.

Jerry Jackowski