From:
Rebecca Katlin Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 21:03:12 -0500
Okay, I decided to get Jitterbug and Monkey's teeth cleaned proffesionally
since I just don't think I can do it myself.

The first "service" I find wants to charge $65 per ferret and they don't
even get knocked out!  The woman used to be a dental hygenist, but is NOT a
vet and has only ever done this on dogs and cats (although she never uses
anesthesia on either).  So I thought number one this sounds pricey and
number two I think their teeth are bad enough that they should really be
asleep for the ordeal.

So I call the only vet in LA that I know does ferrets (Wilshire Animal
Hospital - actually in Santa Monica).  THEY TELL ME IT WILL COST $160
EACH!!!!!  Okay, so I only have two (I pity those of you with 5 and more),
but still $320 is an awful lot of money.

Is there ANYONE out there who knows a vet in Southern California who does
teeth cleaning for ferrets?  If you do, how much do they charge you?  I
really want to clean their teeth (they look pretty bad), but I just can't
pay that much.  Please let me know any and all advice you have.

   Love, Katlin

   Jitterbug (Ah, come on mom, my teeth aren't that bad - hey give me
   another raisin)
   Monkey (My teeth aren't even 1 year old, leave me alone!!)