Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:36:50 -0500
In just 2 weeks or so ( Jan 9, 2002) NH will hold a legislative hearing
on HB1110.  More information on HB1110 ca be found at url:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2001/HB1110.html

HB1110 requires in NH the age of sale of ferrets in pet stores be raised
to 8 weeks.  It is the heartfelt thoughts of many concerned ferret
caregivers, that this may indeed improve the overall health and welfare
of these animals.  I personally, would like to thank Pam Troutman for
contacting the legislators who have email in support of this change--
which simply brings age of sale of ferrets in line with the established
USDA requirements for kittens and puppies.

If there are others who care for ferrets who would like to contact and
offer support for this monumental bill please feel free to contact me at:

I will be happy to provide contact information.  If no other deed for
the New Year-- let us make the world a little friendlier for those fur
children facing the hustle & bustle of a pet shop environment.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to all.

Fondly for ferrets,
Alicia Drakiotes