From:
chris sz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:36:47 -0400
Hello everyone.  I finally have the heart to tell everyone Frea's story.
Some of you may remember me as Bailey's mom- the ferret found with a
broken back.  He's doing wonderful by the way!  The most precious angel
in my life.  But I digress.  My angel Frea crossed over the Rainbow
Bridge on 4/19/03.  Ten of the longest days of my life have passed since.

She was my first ferret.  She passed at such a young age of 5 yrs. old.
I have been in absolute agony since her passing because she displayed
no signs of illness.  She was eating, drinking, and playing up until
two days before her passing.  I have had ultrasounds done as well as
bloodwork done every 2-3 months to try to keep on top of any problems.
On Thursday 4/18, I brought her into the vet office I work in to run
more tests because she was acting lethargic, and was missing meals.  Her
bloodwork revealed renal failure.  I then brought her to our local
emergency clinic for I.V.  fluids.  Another ultrasound revealed lymphoma-
much too advanced to intervene.  What did I miss!!  My baby is gone, and
I had no idea she was that ill.  I hate myself for it.

I just wanted to share this with all of you because I could really use
some support.  I am just devastated.  I miss her every day.  My animals
are my children, and I would do anything for them.  Sorry to burden.

Chris