From:
Kim Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 03:24:13 -0700
I know everyone is concerned about Matan and so am I.  I have been
emailing him for several months.  He is young, he can speak and write
broken English, but the native language of Israel is Hebrew.

Since my husband is from Mexico and speaks broken English I am comfortable
trying to understand what he says.  When dealing with a language problem I
have found I have to really listen carefully and try to fill in the blanks
and verify back if that is what was meant.

We cannot change his mind about the breeding and it sounds like there is
a demand for ferrets in Israel.  Different nationalities have different
viewpoints on things and we must respect that, even if we disagree.

Instead of judging him let's assist him, if he doesn't return email at
least we know that we have done our best.  We don't know what his access
is to email or what it takes to send and receive in other countries.
Just because we have good resources does not mean everywhere else does.

All we can do for his ferret's sake is to try and educate him so he will
make the best choices for her.  A couple of months ago I sent him an extra
Ferrets for Dummies book I had, along with some toys, bedding and other
items to assist Matan.

Judging, scolding and ridiculing him will not help.  I believe based on
his age (anyone have teenagers?), his ideals, etc. he will only dig in his
heels and it will only drive him away from an information source he needs.
Isn't that what we are all here for to assist other ferret owners?

Kim the Oregon one
Frankie & Poncho, Mitzi & Caesar, Cleopatra & Butchy