From:
Kym Zorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 01:45:05 -0500
Hello ,

My apologies for an unusual post, but perhaps someone can help.

My parents have had two Siberian huskies for years, Natalya and Sheba, both
aged thirteen.  Sheba has had repeated bouts with cancer and debilitating
arthritis, and the time finally came three days ago when we realized she
didn't want to go on any longer.  My parents gently let her go , holding
her as the vet gave her rest.

My parents are really hurting.  I'm trying to help them understand that
they loved Sheba enough to let her go and end her suffering, but my
mother especially is feeling as if she did something wrong.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could send anything to do with the
Rainbow Bridge (especially something I saw a long time ago regarding
lonely, lost people and animals meeting up at the bridge), anything to do
with pet grief and loss, or words of support .  My parents names are
Nancy and Woody Zorn, and you can reach them via my email at :

We deal with loss so often on this forum, so it's where I'm turning for
other opinions and thoughts.  My sincere apologies if this (admittedly)
off-topic post offends anyone.

Thanks ,

Kym Zorn Long
Wayward Weasel Ferret Rescue