From:
"Karen Purcell, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 22:27:22 +0000
HI everyone,

Well, ferrets have been legal for over a week, and my dormouse has come out
of the closet.  (We called "Freya" the dormouse, because dormice were not
illegal in MA, and she sleeps alot ;-) . )  I had decided that Freya was
lonely, as her playmate had died a year ago, and she wasn't as active (she
checks out healthy folks, probably gets palpated twice a week from her
nervous mother).  After talking to Holly Cyr at FARI, I was able to come
home from the RI pet expo with 2 new fuzzies!!  Nosy is a 15oz.  6.5 year
old silver mitt, who is screaming at poor Freya (my 4 year old 1.5 lb.
Marshall Farms sable female ) and chasing her out of her own bed.  Her buddy
is a 3.5 year old male named Conan who is at least 3 lbs ( will have them
into the office soon for weights and medical updates, and to show them off)
and a silver mitt as well.

Just thought it was about time you folks met my ferret kids.  They are
joined by Sheba, the 4 year ?  cocker; Pandora, my husband's 6 year old
Golden; Curry, a 2-3 yr orange tomcat, and Danger Mouse, a 9 month grey
and white tomcat.  Everyone is neutered, of course.

Just an intro,
-Dr. Karen