From:
Rocky Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 05:45:17 -0700
Meg,
Please do alot of research.  I have also heard that MF has a disease in
their ferrets.  I have a MF ferret kit and he's healthy and doing fine.
He shows no signs of any problems.  The disease I found doind research in
MF is insaloma(sp).  On the other hand I got a ferret from a pet store that
gets their ferrets thru a animal provider who gets them from a breeder in
Canada, and at 8 months old the ferret went in for adrenal disease surgery.
That's a little young.  And to hit at this age it must be into the
bloodline really heavy.  Please be very careful.  This disease is as nasty
as any other and at that age, It took alot out of my little girl.  Be very
careful.

Rocky