From:
Shannon O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 1996 01:53:15 -0500
Hi there fellow ferret freaks!
My name is Shannon and I am fairly new to FML.  My family consists of a 3
yr.  old male named Zeebo and a 2 yr.  old female, Nala.  (My neice is still
trying to convince me that Zeebo wouldn't mind changing his name to Simba!)

My question concerns Nala.  She has always had a problem with coughing or
"gakking" as I call it.  At a vet's suggestion, I treat her with kiddie
Benadryl when her "allergies" act up, and it seems to do the trick BUT she
also does a cough thing when she drinks water.  She does this every time she
drinks.  I don't know if she drinks too fast or if she just has an itty
bitty throat or somthing.  Anybody ever had a similer problem?  She
sometimes does the gak gak thing for about 3 or 4 minutes after she is
finished drinking.  If this sounds familiar let me know!

Thanks for any advice!!
Shannon O'Neal (I havn't even STARTED my research paper!!)
Zeebo: (why can't I fit under the couch like Nala?)
Nala: (gak gak)