From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:46:16 -0700
We're happy to announce that Linda Hammel was the winner of Totally
Ferret Free For A Year! Arrangements are being made between the great
staff at Performance Foods and Linda for which ferret and which food
she will select.

This was not only a very successful raffle, but we had so much fun.
Performance Foods sent their representative, Liz Lovins, to Rocky's
OFEST. Along with Liz came a lot of donations and freebies for all that
attended. We gave Liz her own table for all the folks to visit with
her. But honestly, it was like Liz was a regular at Rocky's. She jumped
in early to help set up, played with the furkids, and was genuinely a
personable and caring person. On the Performance Foods table there was
the variety of foods that they have developed. So folks, if you haven't
yet, re-discover all the new products.

Everyone that has ever been here to my farm knows that there is Lady,
my neighbor's old black lab at the front of our one mile driveway onto
the farm. Then there's my border collie/lab Ajak. The folks at PF were
thoughtful enough to send their brand new dog food for both Lady and
Ajak. Now Ajak is pretty finicky, and he's given it all paws up!! He
loved it.

This week I called PF and had fun reminiscing with Tom Willard/Pres/CEO
of PF. Funny how the years have flown by. We both recalled me sitting
in one of his first lectures here in Maryland with the Baltimore Ferret
Club. I was there because I had a little ferret named Rocky, and I
wanted to learn all there was to about ferrets. It was then that Tom
spoke of ferret physiology and nutrition. Totally Ferret was a brand
new product!! Tom and I both had a good laugh about where that road
took me. 11 years of sheltering, my how the years have flown by! I
commend Tom and his staff for being pro-active in the ferret community.
They've always been generous and supportive. They truly care.

So if you haven't yet discovered PFs new products for ferrets, and now
for dogs, please do at http://www.totallyferret.com/

Thank you to Liz, Tom, Gail and all the fine folks at Performance
Foods. And CONGRATULATIONS TO LINDA HAMMEL!!!

Affectionately,
Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs for Rocky's
www.rockysferrets.com