From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1993 17:57:59 -0500
(Sorry this is going to have such a broad distribution when it is
probably only of interest to Northern California readers of the
list...
Angelique, Raven and our nine "funny-lookin' dogs")

_An Open Invitation to All Ferret Fanciers_

A chapter of Ferrets Anonymous (FA), based in San Diego, is being
founded in the Northern California region.  FA is an organization
dedicated to legalizing the domestic ferret in California, with
chapters forming throughout Southern California.  This will be the
first Northern California chapter.  Hopefully each major metropolitan
area will have their own chapter soon.

In the meantime, all you ferret fanciers from Salinas north to Yreka
are invited to attend our first meeting to be held Sunday, November
21, from noon - 3pm at the Hungry Hunter restraurant in Pleasanton
(see directions below).  Refreshments provided.

FA was responsible for Assemblyman Jan Goldsmith (R-Poway) consenting
to author legislation to legalize ferrets.  Now we need to organize
locally and conduct letter writing campaigns to the various
Assemblymen and Senators to secure their support for the bill, to be
unveiled January 4, 1994.  The purpose of our first meeting will be
to:
        *Determine who your representatives are (names and addresses

                will be available at the meeting)
        *  Discuss letter content
        *  Discuss prior contact with representatives
        *  Distribute California Domestic Ferret Association (CDFA)

                and Ferrets Anonymous information

All persons can be assured of anonymity  First names only!  Please
bring pen, paper, and a willingness to pitch in and help.  DO NOT
BRING FERRETS!  A small donation will be requested to cover the cost
of the meeting room.   Also, everyone will be encouraged to join the
CDFA, which is affiliated with FURO (Ferret Unity Registration
Organization), the largest ferret organization in the country.  FURO
has been and will continue to be invaluable as a resource for
information and assistance.

Please distribute and post this notice at your local pet shops and
veterinary hospitals if you live in N. California.  Ferret ownership
is not requires (or encouraged!).  See you there!

Directions:
The Hungry Hunter is located on Owens Dr., just off Hopyard Rd.  From
580 west, take the Hopyard exit, turn right, then right on Owens.
Restaurant is on the left.  From 580 east, take Hopyard, left over
the freeway, right onto Owens.  Call Critters (1-800-337-7389) for
directions if you're coming from out of the area.