From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:48:13 -0500
Well, I'm a bit behind on the fml due to all the hecticness of the
holidays (I won't mention which ones, since we don't need to get
religious here (-: ).  But I was very intrigued by the anonymous post
that compared Sandee's following to a cult and asked "where does
reality start and fantasy end".  Well, quite often reality is in one's
perspective.  I often see my ferrets looking directly at me, my friends
would say they are simply gazing into space.  I can quite cleary see
curiosity, happiness, and annoyance in my ferrets eyes, my friends would
see only blank stares.  So even when ferrets are here with us on earth,
it's still a bit of a perspective, reality or fantasy, when we gauge
their moods and what they're thinking.

As for religion, I believe the destination is "the rainbow bridge" not
necessarily any religion's view of the hereafter.  And for the "Big Boss"
that is often mentioned, well that could be whoever you imagine it to be.
God, Allah, or the Jolly Green Giant.  For me, I'm considering that it
could be a HUGE ferret, (so I'll be getting my little fuzzie ones all
they want for their holiday!).

Now, I'm sure religious tones sneak in when we don't expect it (saying
bless you, thank God, or ferret's Christmas wishes) but I hope that
everyone on this list is comfortable enough to make whatever small
religious comments that come naturally to them in expression, regardless
of their religion.  Here I do only mean to welcome comments that are
friendly and caring in nature; comments that are meant as kindness and
comfort, as the Sandee posts are.

After all, comfort and kindness is what the Sandee posts are about.  And
what comforts people both before and after a loved one's death is often
imagined.  We all hope our loved ones pass in peace, that their final
thoughts are made in warmth and comfort.  We hope they feel our loving
thoughts and enter death, whatever that may lead to, with an accepting
peace.

I thank Sandee and SaraFerret for passing on the possibilities of happy
ferret afterlifes that they envision.  These posts are made as a kind
comfort, and I accept them as that.  I thank the majority of the fml
for also viewing them as such, and Bill for accepting them as part of
this forum.  For those who they bother, I hope you are able to scroll
past them.

Dooks
Risa