From:
Jonathan Block <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 17:43:56 -0700
>Something else to try that works for us is bitter apple cream.  It comes
>in a spray or a cream I found it at another local pet store..it is used
>for dogs, but is suggested TONS of places for ferrets and is all natural.
>Put it on your hands before play time.

I think it's a naming thing.  My new little addition is also named Gizmo,
and he likes to BITE, not nip, not play, but BITE.  He's already drawn
blood from my hand.

So...now what I try is I put on two pair of gloves on one hand, (for a 1
month old ferret, he's got huge teeth, and bites HARD!), cover the glove
with Fooey<tm> which is a Bitter-Apple type of spray, and try and play with
him.  He of course bites my fingers, hard enough that I feel it through the
gloves, but then he sneezes when he tastes the fooey.

So, since I've just started this training today, I dont know how it will
go.  I'll let you all know in a few days.

Jonathan
Hoodeenee & Gizmo