From:
Lynda Galloway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 23:17:13 -0400
If I was looking for a home for a furkid I would first ask anyone that
subscribes to the FML to give a loving home to my furkid and I would try
to help out any way I could, cage, food, on going financial support .  Of
course if I advertised to find a home for my furkid that was to go to
someone that answers an Ad I would ask for money to weed out the unlikely
lab, uncaring etc.

I know BIG and I have a different view on this (and that's good) but if
a were to advertise on a list that has so many caring compassionate
subscribers plus over crowded shelters I question ..how could you ask for
money?

BTW...I have a trust set up for my animals and the only way they would be
in caring homes is if I was never to come out of a hospital.

I do realize sometimes circumstances create painful decisions and if I had
to make that decision the first place I would turn would be to the FML and
be grateful that people that subscribe to the FML would help me in a time
of need.

Lynda

[Moderator's note: No I don't really have a different view, at least as far
as looking for homes on places like the FML -- I think this is a fine place
to look for homes!  As for asking for money, I'd say that needs to be taken
on a case-by-case basis.  I don't much like the idea of "selling" living
things, but I DO agree that giving them away free via something like a
newspaper ad is not usually appropriate.  So how did we disagree? :-)  BIG]