From:
Leigh Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 07:49:33 EST
Lisette,

My vet here in New York washes his hands, always.  He also wipes his exam
tables down.  Usually he does this right after he's done with a patient
rather than right before the next one.

My vet when I lived in Tennessee also did this.

Both of them did/do this everytime always.

Most of the people who I have met who are either vets or in vet school
became vets not out of a desire to be wealthy, but because they really CARE
about animals.  Vet schools are for the most part outrageously expensive,
comparable to medical school really, BUT vets don't usually pull down the
salaries that doctors do (and there are many docs out there who really
don't make that much).  I find it hard to beleive that there is a large
contingent of vets out there purposly trying to spread disease!

Leigh