From:
"Mary L. McCarty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:30:44 -0400
Yes, it is time again for the annual Clearfield County SPCA Calender
Contest!  This SPCA has been very supportive with the PFRA of Centre
County and I like to return the favor when I can.

This SPCA receives no federal funding and the calender contest is their
biggest annual fundraiser.  Local petowner's have chosen to have their cute
little fuzzies pictures taken, attached to a can (and exhibited on the
internet) for voting purposes.  The top 12 pictures are included (one for
each month) in the 2001 Calender.  The next 12 are honorable mentions and
will share the inside front cover.

It is my goal (as it was last year) to get a ferret into the calender.
Last year we received an honorable mention, yeah!

You can donate actual money (which I have collection cans all over State
College, PA) OR you can also vote on-line (one vote per email).  Each vote
$0.25 and the Clearfield County SPCA internet provider is covering all the
internet votes.

What I would like you to do is take a moment to visit the website and vote
for my ferret, Danka Schene (PD206).  There is no cost to you, only a
moment of your time.  I actually have two ferret pictures up there, but to
keep the greatest number of votes going to one picture, please vote for
Danka (I just couldn't resist getting Kelly & Raisin's picture taken, too
<g>)

The link is: http://www.clearnet.net/users/spca/page6.htm.  Just click on
Danka's picture and it should open the email up automatically.

The Calender contest is over the beginning of June and I will notify
everyone of the results at that time.  If you could also please forward
this to any of your friends (they don't need to be just ferret lovers!) I
would greatly appreciate it.  The SPCA told me that my ferrets had the most
internet votes by far last year and I would love to outdo that record!

Thanks so much, all the animals greatly appreciate your support!

Mary

Mary McCarty-Houser, Director
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association of Centre County
http://www.ferretrescue.com