From:
Bobby Petty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 1996 20:05:39 -0500
Eric Lucas wrote:
>>(p.s.--does anyone really know the correct spelling for the sound
>>ferrets make when they do their mad ferret dance?  My wife and I think
>> it's "oof.")
>
>I call it a "hissy fit", because to me, it sounds like just that--hissing...

I know that some ferrets do make a "clucking" sound.  And Tally only hisses
when she's hurt or really mad.  Tally's noise is more like a grunt of sorts,
kinda nasally, with no plosive prefix.  Almost like "err, err, err." But for
some reason, my wife and I say, "oof, oof, oof" to each other to describe
the ferret dance so we don't sound silly (yeah, right!).

> By the way, best of luck with the surgery.  We're rootin' for ya!

I've got the appointment to have Tally's tumors surveyed and removed by the
Oklahoma State University vet school (Dr Cokestrom [sp?]) set on Monday at
10 am.  I'll keep you posted.  Thanx for your support.

Bobby, Tally and Jane (in Italy)