From:
"Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary in Hernando, MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 12:06:46 -0500
BTW! If you were in my jurisdiction, I would have you investigated
for failing to provide necessary food and water in violation of the
"minimal care standards" for domesticated and farm animals in effect
in the states of Arkansas, Tennessee, and Mississippi and, hopefully,
brought up on criminal charges.

A second-tiered misdemeanor (carries a possible jail term of 11-29)
which could result in a fine for each charge (a charge for each animal
or for each violation), the possibility of the removal of your animals,
and the possibility of being prohibited from owning any animals for a
defined period of time as outlined in the statues and ordered by the
judge. I would even urge the court to have you monitored to ensure the
welfare and safety of your animals if the court allowed you to keep
them.

What you are professing to do with your ferrets is nothing less than
cruelty as defined by the criminal code. Sad.

Maren Doshier