From:
Ferret Guardian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:25:49 -0500
On November 18th we sent our ferrets' information to the giving tree
but they never made it up for some reason.

Although these are just a few of our many ferrets, we are always in
need of supplies for the babies. About 80% of our ferrets (including
Marshall Farm ferrets) eat whole prey which we order from American
Rodent and Rodent Pro. They do offer gift certificates which would help
tremendously with the 26 DMK ferrets that all eat whole prey. Bedding,
supplements, food, toys and general supplies are always needed. With
the DMK kids having no idea what bedding is for, we have depleted our
bedding and buying $3.00 fleece throws from Family Dollar. These work
perfectly and if they have to be thrown away, it's not much of loss
though most of it is tossed and costs are adding up with vet bills and
the basics. Anything sent is GREATLY needed and appreciated! We will
gladly take old sweat shirts/pants, used bedding/toys/towels.
Everything is washed in bleached and parvocide before we use it anyway.
Thank you all so much for your kind generosity over the years and for
all you do to help ferrets here and everywhere.

DMK ferrets Thank you Karen Douglas for adopting a beautiful DMK DEW
jill. Although they are gorgeous ferrets, they are slowly progressing
socially and learning bedding is not a potty-area. They will be here
for while in rehab and could use some bedding, toys, NutriStat and
whole prey (chicks, Quail and mice). I'm sure they will be happy with
anything but a new home would make them the happiest. Nine are ready
for adoption but these ferrets are not descented and still bite some.
Mom could use some Band-Aids, Neosporin and bitter apple too.

Bucky is 7 years old with Lymphoma. He came to us 2 years ago weighing
only 1.5 lbs, and so sick. His Lymphoma has responded well to Chemo but
has been diagnosed with Insulinoma last month. His physical time in
our lives is short but his pawprints are forever on my heart. He loves
Nupro, Carnivore Care, Nutrical and loves big fleece throws. Bucky
doesn't play and is fond of being held and cuddled.

Zachary & Zooby are 5 1/2 -6 1/2 year olds. Zooby has been diagnosed
with Insulinoma last month. They love sleep-sacks, hammies and hard
plastic bell balls.

Trappy is 7 yers old and had a mass cell tumor removed from his ear
11/14/07, diagnosed with Insulinoma and biopsy of tumor in his abdomen.
Biopsy results are not back yet but we suspect Lymphoma.

He loves big fleece throws ($3.00 at Family Dollar), Nutrical,
Ferretone and Nupro. He doesn't play but cuddles for hours in your arms
and gives kisses. UPDATE: Trappy passed away peacefully Christmas Eve.
Pathology confirmed Lymphoma.

Old Man is 10+ years old and rescued from a local back yard breeder.
He has Insulinoma and Adrenal we control with Lupron -- Melatonin
Implants. His favorite things are bedding of any kind, NutriStat and
whole prey (especially day & week old Quail).

Corrie & Dorrie came to us last month at age 6 & 7. Both are
Insulinomic, Dorrie is blind, deaf and severe biter but it's not her
fault. Corrie was diagnosed with Lymphoma as well as Insulinoma and
will be starting Chemo soon. Both love NutriStat, Nupro, Carnivore
Care and fuzzy bedding and would greatly appreciate anything.

Candy is 3 years old and suffers from rear paralysis, the result of
the wrong vaccines reaction. She was given a non-ferret canine 3-way
vaccine with non-ferret approved Rab-Vac rabies at the same time.
She barely pulled through the reaction and with her disability, owners
didn't want her anymore (too much trouble). In order for her to
defecate-urinate, we have to wipe her with warm, wet cloths/cottonballs
but she is a happy fish out of water and loves to play. She just loves
life! Her favorite toys are tunnels, hard bell balls and teaser toys.

Bing (sable boy-bottom) is 6-7 years old and though he has recovered
from a broken leg, is diagnosed with Cardio-Myopathy. He is not a
Marshall Farm ferret and loves tubes and tunnels. He loves whole prey
(especially chicks and quail) and Totally Ferret with Chicken. Bing
is a big boy even though he is on Lasix & Enalapril.

Cindy (Champagne, left center) is 7-8 years, Bing's cage mate, non
Marshall Farms ferret. She has Insulinoma, had tumor removed from her
nose and foot. She likes to sleep a lot so her favorite things are
blankies and sacks. She also loves whole prey.

Jerry is (dark sable right center) 8-9 years old, Bing and Cindy's
cage-mate, non Marshall Farms ferret. He is healthy for his age,
hearing impaired and bites very hard. He loves whole prey, Nupro
and blankies.

Izzie (Albino-top) is 7 years old, blind as a bat and Insulinoma. She
loves her tubes, tunnels, Ferretone and Nutristat. She can chase a
plastic bell ball down quicker than any ferret with sight and can
out-tube them all. Her main problem is severe biter so mom could use
some Bitter Apple...

Pictures available if you ask. Email and address below.

Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven, Inc.
111 Bay Berry Ct. Statesville, NC 28677-1145
Web Page: <http://www.ferretguardian.org/>
Email: [log in to unmask]
Email: [log in to unmask]

All our ferrets are ADV tested and Negative.

Many thanks and Happy New Year.

Diane Campbell
Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven