From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:25:36 -0700
Dear Sandee or SarahFeret,
Please watch for a dark little girl coming your way.  Her name is
Shadow.
She's real sturdy 'cuz she wasn't spayed until she was about two years
old and probably from a private breeder.  It's a good thing she didn't
die from being in heat all the time.  When she came in we thought she
had
adrenal problems at such a young age, but she was found to not be
spayed.
So that was taken care of but she still had her poofer glands.  The last
few weeks she had a friend visiting her and they were having a good time
together.  Then yesterday she was very sick, was taken to the vet, where
they tried all kinds of things thinking she might have a blockage, but
ultimately she died.  The vet opened her up to see what caused this and
she was found to have a perforated ulcer of the duodenum.  She had no
outward symptoms of ulcers, no grinding, but she had lost a little
weight
so maybe I should have noticed that but that could have been due to her
loss of her buddy Phillip a couple months ago.  What I thought was
depression could have been signs of ulcer pain.

Please make sure she finds her way across the bridge.  She was a little
shy at first, having been a single ferret, but after a while joined a
small group and Phillip was the last of them so she was alone again
until
she befriended Samantha who was visiting.  Please help her find Phillip,
Mandy and Gizmo and show her around.

Thanks,
Carol O., Tucson, Ferret Friends