From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 22:13:00 -0800
Hairy is about 6months old now, and I want to know if anyone's heard of a
dude quite like him - he a six-month-old Marshall albino.

By nature, he's an absolute manic wardancin' machine - the most non-stop
playweasel I've ever heard of.  If nothing else is going on, he'll dook and
bounce his way through all 33feet of my long skinny house and back again -
repeatedly.

He's eaten nothing but Iams Kitten since I got him, he dislikes anything
else including Ferretone and raisins, his albino fur is in gorgeous
condition, and he's so outrageously muscular that he can't fold up into some
of the typical ferret "curl-in-a-ball" positions or the classic "fold the
chest over the belly" position.  He actually looks fat, until you pick him
up and try and control his squirming and realize FAST there ain't an ounce
of fat on him whatsoever.  He's friendly, but not big on cuddling.

He detested the sample TF/Mazuri mix Dayna whipped up for me...Mikey, while
less finicky, also loves Iams and his coat is likewise in great shape, he's
able to use his cunning to keep up in the wrestling matches despite his more
normal muscle tone so I'm not gonna change at this point...when Mickey gets
into true geriatric territory in a few years, I'll reconsider unless someone
has a real potent argument for another plan, which I wouldn't mind hearing.
Until then, consider this a good testimonial for "purple bag" Iams Kitten.

I lost Felix at 4.5years to adrenal which started earlier but the hair loss
dissappeared and I didn't know at the time what I was seeing; when the hair
loss first hit I hadn't standardized on Iams either.  Typical lack of
knowledge made harder to correct in California, dammit.  With Hairy and
Mickey, I'm also paying attention to photoperiods based on Mo'Bob's
recommendations and theories.  Not that I'm dead certain he's right; it
makes sense and I'll do damn near anything not to have to deal with adrenal
again.

Also, if an experienced fert-person in the SF Bay Area wants to meet Hairy
Crumb the body-builder and confirm what I'm seeing, I'd love it.  When I
finished his babyhood shot series, he wasn't up to this level yet - it's
unreal, and I've seen a fair number of other adult ferrets - this dude is
abnormal, in a good way!