Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 04:09:20 -0800
I read with interest the post by Barb Gustafson on the "old" ways of
feeding our fuzz butts.  The most important thing to remeber here is that
nutrition is EVERYTHING when it comes to health, albeit human or animal.
My first dog lived to be 14 eating Alpo and all kinds of goodies.  My
friend's cat is still kicking it at the ripe old age of 20 eating nothing
but "whatever is on sale" and the occasional treat of donuts.  Along with
the increased popularity of any animal as a companion comes a surgence by
the industries of foods, treats and supplies.  A booming business?  You
bet.  We, as consumers are overwhelmed with the choices and are purses
are hit hard by the prices.  We do after all want to provide our babies
with "the best" food and of course we don't mind paying the price and we
all know how high that can be.  Yes, I will now be rethinking my food
plans but right now you'll have to excuse me...I have to go fish Silver
out of the pantry.  ...He is butt up in a bag of meow mix.....no joke!

Kim at SUMS